Oh, look…it’s 2:00am again. Sheesh!
We’ve been working in Adobe Soundbooth to clean up the audio since I started working on these films 3 (4?) years ago. Now that I’ve gotten the hang of it, Soundbooth has been discontinued and incorporated into Adobe Audition. Today I got to play around in Audition for the first time. It’s much more flexible than Soundbooth with many more options and more features than i know what to do with. I don’t have time to explore them all now, but using Audition can only improve the films for the future. For now I’m content to learn the new ways of doing the old tasks that must always be done for every film (unifying sound level, cleaning up noise, pitch shifting, time stretching, etc…). The basic workflow is not all that different and I was able to pick up Audition and run with it after watching a few quick tutorials online. All of the audio correction is now complete PLUS the first quarter of the sound FX. That leaves three quarters of the sound effects and the entire soundtrack to go. That’s really not that bad. I’ve completed that much in one day before, so we’ll see how it goes. With any luck I’ll be rendering the final files tomorrow night. I’m guessing that at some point on Monday “ST: The Sleeper Strikes” will be up for sale!